TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

4 posters

TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells) Empty TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells)

Post  Admin Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Please reference THE TUTORIAL if you have trouble understanding the Classes plugin.

/race - to show your current race
    /race set <racename> - to set your race to the specified race
    /race list - to show a list of all races
    /class spelllist - lists the available skills and spells by both race and class
    /class bind <spellname> - to bind a spell to an item ingame
    /class unbind - unbinds a spell from the item in hand.
    /class <spellname> - casts the spell via chat command

Skills and spells by races vary from those of the classes. While class spells use mana, race spells do not.

Race spells and skills are, instead, innate abilities that come from within the player. These skills cost nothing to use, but they can often have lengthy cooldowns.

EARTH
    Tunnel - The ultimate defensive escape spell. The player will channel their ties to the earth around them and become momentarily invincible (ONLY IF THEY DON'T MOVE AT ALL) and will "tunnel" themselves directly to spawn to escape danger. It's very handy -- but it has a 20 minute cooldown.
    Stone Hands - Additional attack strength. The player will use the power of stone to enhance their attack as long as they have at least 5 full stacks of cobblestone in their inventory. They will gain a 10% boost in attack. It's a passive skill -- no cooldown.

AIR
    Windwalk - A boost to foot speed. The player will double their running speed for 30 seconds. It has a 2 minute cooldown.
    Jump - A boost to jumping ability. The player will be able to jump an additional 4 blocks for 10 seconds. During that 10 seconds, the player receives no fall damage. It has a 1 minute cooldown.

FIRE
    Ignite - A focused, pyrokinetic attack. Set your target on fire for 7.5 seconds within a range of 10 blocks. It has a 60 second cooldown.
    Inferno - A Powerful area-of-effect attack. Inflict 3 hearts of instant damage with additional fire damage to everyone -- friend or foe -- within an 8 block radius. It has a 7.5 minute cooldown.

DARK
    Shroud - A debilitating, light-destroying effect. Cover everyone -- friend or foe -- within an 8 block radius with thick darkness for 15 seconds. It has a 3 minute cooldown.
    Drain - Steal the life-force of those around you. Inflict damage to everyone within 8 blocks slowly over time and use that damage to replenish your own health. It has a 5 minute cooldown.

WATER
    Aqualung - Breathe underwater. Flow and breathe with your element -- enable the ability to breathe underwater for 30 seconds. It has a 2.5 minute cooldown.
    Freeze - An immobilizing attack. Freeze your target in place for 3 seconds, then as the effect wears off (they begin to thaw) they will still be slowed for another 7 seconds. Requires a waterbucket to be in your inventory. It has a 2 minute cooldown.

LIGHT
    Pray - Heals! Give yourself a vitality boost with 4 hearts of health. It has a 2 minute cooldown.
    Shock - A defensive buff. You call upon lightning, harness it, and have it protect you. The next player to strike you (within 25 seconds) will have the power shock them -- electrocuting them with both 1.5 hearts of damage and locking them in place momentarily. It has a cooldown of 7.5 minutes.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 10 times in total
    katana

TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells) Empty Re: TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells)

Post  katana Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 pm

I can see people dropping a lot of random crap now.

Since there's only earth and no higher tier version of the race (yet? :O), why not have something more valuable too? Having a bunch of dirt/stone in your inventory might be slightly annoying, but a skill that risks something more valuable could be interesting.
    cameron8969*

TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells) Empty stfustfu

Post  cameron8969* Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 am

SHUT THE FUCK UP KAT I NEED MY GOOD STUFF
    Znookey
    Znookey

Location : Sweden. It's nice here, Lots of trees and everything

TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells) Empty Re: TRUFORGE 3.0 = Races (and their Skills/Spells)

Post  Znookey Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 am

Stuns is a delicate issue in MC Since a few seconds of it will be lethal. I find that shock seems a bit too powerful in my mind. ANd I do believe even an unarmed enemy can do a really huge bit of damage to you with it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Znookey wrote:Stuns is a delicate issue in MC Since a few seconds of it will be lethal. I find that shock seems a bit too powerful in my mind. ANd I do believe even an unarmed enemy can do a really huge bit of damage to you with it.

Yep.

That's why it has a cooldown. And it's also not direct damage... PLAYERX uses shock, then PLAYERY has to actually hit PLAYERX to get hurt. PLAYERX can't simply attack PLAYERY with shock. Smile
    Znookey
    Znookey

Location : Sweden. It's nice here, Lots of trees and everything

Post  Znookey Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:25 am

Admin wrote:
    Znookey wrote:Stuns is a delicate issue in MC Since a few seconds of it will be lethal. I find that shock seems a bit too powerful in my mind. ANd I do believe even an unarmed enemy can do a really huge bit of damage to you with it.

Yep.

That's why it has a cooldown. And it's also not direct damage... PLAYERX uses shock, then PLAYERY has to actually hit PLAYERX to get hurt. PLAYERX can't simply attack PLAYERY with shock. Smile

But wouldn't shock instantly stop the ability of an enemy to assault you, therefore forcing the enemy to either rout or get killed?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45 am

Znookey wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Yep.

But wouldn't shock instantly stop the ability of an enemy to assault you, therefore forcing the enemy to either rout or get killed?

Yes.

have you seen it in action? it's incredibly obvious when someone has used it... they strike themselves with lightning and chat alerts you that they've used shock. if for some reason you still can't resist hitting the person after that.. well, that's your own fault :p

i may change the buff time from 60 seconds downwards, though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:32 pm