TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

4 posters

TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS)

AirCougar
    AirCougar

TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS) Empty TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS)

Post  AirCougar Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:27 am

Dear TruForgers,

Do you remember the old TF days? The days all the way back in January (As far as i can remember since thats when i joined Razz). TF was honestly amazing, it completely changed what i looked for in a Minecraft server, and i loved it soooooooo much. I know a lot of you might not be happy with what I'm proposing, or heck, maybe you will. But, i would love to completely REMAKE TruForge. Not just a server kinda like it, but straight down to the teeth TruForge.

Fox/Hjel if you're reading this, i would love for you guys to come in and partner with me, but it seems like you guys stick to yourselves and are busy with your real lives since you guys are adults while the rest of us are still kids, and that's completely understandable. But, what I'm saying is really revamp TruForge. Same donor perks, Hero Classes, EVERYTHING. That one plugin Ninjar is always yelling at me to get so you can open chests with blocks on em, EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, i can't do this alone. I will need some of your guys' awesome memories who played the server from the beginning to tell me EVERYTHING there was on TruForge. And i can't promise the awesome building skills that Fox had, but I have a college friend who is a badass builder and he can probably help us out if we give him some of our memories of old TF. Hell, if you guys have some pictures, POST THEM BELOW!

Now for the part that will matter the most, and will most likely back all of you out. As you all probably know, getting a server isn't cheap, (For us without jobs at least) and I would greatly appreciate it if we could get a startup donation for the server so I can get a solid 3gb server. I'm not trying to gloat or anything, but I will have to say out of all the old TruForgers who went off and started their own servers, I will say I ended up being the most successful, and i couldn't see anyone being more right for the job then me. Okay, and maybe you too Kat Razz But i can promise you guys, i will make this server EXACTLY HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE and how TruForge was. I wont throw in any of the stuff i have done in my recent/current servers, i will make sure it is ran like TruForge was.

So, if you guys will think about the idea, and let me know what you think, that would be great!

Sincerely,

AirCougar

P.S. I'm talking about the TruForge where spawn was all nice and green, and there were floating icons above each shop. There was the elite shop with those gold swords and the Vulpes Pick, and the Creeper Eggs! Then there were player shops on the otherside of it, and it had the original 6 Heroes classes. (Shaman, Assassin, Slayer, Defender, Ranger, and Mage)
    God, even talking about it is getting me all excited....
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS) Empty Re: TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS)

Post  freakishdelight Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 am

Um .... Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think its admirable that you would want to clone or re-birth Tru-Forge but at the end of the day Fox and Hjel were TF ...
    Just like you are Fallens .. Im not actually sure how I feel about this tbh .. silent
    katana

TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS) Empty Re: TruForge v2 (Old TF MEMBERS MUST READ THIS)

Post  katana Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 pm

I don't like doing things unless I do them properly. This explains why my faction had no home until the obsidian box in the sky was complete, all those moats, and everything else I didn't mention.

When it comes to server management, minecraft's too limited to do things "right". When it comes to pvp voxel factions, minecraft just isn't a good starting point to work off of. I'm slowly sort of learning to make multiplayer games right now, just hope I get things right...
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 am

katana wrote:I don't like doing things unless I do them properly. This explains why my faction had no home until the obsidian box in the sky was complete, all those moats, and everything else I didn't mention.

When it comes to server management, minecraft's too limited to do things "right". When it comes to pvp voxel factions, minecraft just isn't a good starting point to work off of. I'm slowly sort of learning to make multiplayer games right now, just hope I get things right...

Hi Katana and Goodluck Very Happy
    Also congratz on your blog Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 pm

well, cougs.

if your server is populated by TFers then i could see a joint effort by the TF community, you, me, and hjel. i feel crazy for even considering it, but i don't have any desire to get involved on any level if the spearhead of the mission (you) will have more than one server to deal with. if fallenworlds is a PvP factions server then it wouldn't be a shame, or even much of a stretch, to make it into truforge.

FallenForge?

on truforge we had things that i haven't ever seen on another server. standard problems arose, but as katana touched on, minecraft sucks and factions sucks too. but we had epic wars, especially for only having 20 people online sometimes. when hjelly, katana, and all of ZyR (and allies) fought against me and (at the time) wolfmother... that was amazing. it was like 12 on 12 and lasted a fricken hour.

the problem we discovered with truforge (and i have seen since then on other servers i will sporadically play on) is that the general userbase doesn't realize the flaws. the general userbase (of minecraft) looks for certain things and if they aren't on a server, they leave it. they don't try something new.

this was the downfall of truforge. when we came back, i was vehemently opposed to heroes. it was a crap plugin that wasn't properly compatible with vanilla minecraft stuff and it was always failing to work correctly. AncientRPG was practically made for us, and as we got it settled into place, it was by far better.

but people wouldn't play it. they just wanted heroes. so they'd join, yell that there was no heroes, and they'd leave. so yes, there is the boring same old, same old. glitching in, etc.

i don't know, i'm on the fence. truforge was running on more than $100 a month on a 6GB server because we envisioned great things. we thought with the best setup and gameplay and fair staff and good buildings that people would come. we didn't succeed. and i ran myself thin putting in full work days on truforge.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:22 pm