TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

4 posters

Enchanting

Poll

which option? read EVERYTHING. :)

[ 0 ]
    Enchanting I_vote_lcap0%Enchanting I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Enchanting I_vote_lcap100%Enchanting I_vote_rcap [100%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Enchanting Empty Enchanting

Post  Admin Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm

we've run into a big enchanting issue. yes, everyone likes their enchanted items, but remember that when EVERYONE has them, they start to lose their meaning. im going to try and explain a few things, and if you can't or refuse to understand, please just stop reading now. i do want the voice of the players though, so if you can manage to read and understand, please respond with your comments and vote.

in vanilla minecraft, the entire reason you kill mobs at all is to use those levels to enchant your items. the little number you click on to enchant is the number of levels you throw away on an enchanted item.

on TruForge2.0, that little number was wrongly applied to experience points instead of level. basically, if you did a level 50 enchant, you would have lost 50 exp. that's supposed to be 50 levels. you could make it up by killing 2 spiders or something. nothing. enchants were entirely free. (or they cost very little. a good analogy is that 50 exp for a level 50 sword is like trading a diamond for a piece of cobble.)

so, we have to fix that. instead of being tied directly to level, heroes has enchants tied to experience points, but you can't unlock an enchant until you are that level. so a level 13 enchant, you must be level 13 to do, but you'll just lose 13 xp instead of 13 levels.

now, i can make a multiplier on that level. right now it's set to 2000, which more or less means you lose around the right amount. i don't want that. in addition, vagabonds level way easier than anyone else, so it will be unfair for vagabonds and primary classes to enchant, cause they can make up their lost levels way quicker than anyone else. if you're more active on truforge and you are a Warrior or Archer, why should a Vagabond get better enchanting ability than you?

OPTION ONE: we keep heroes as they are. you lose 250 times the exp for whatever level enchant you choose. this means that a 13 level enchant will cost you 3000+ exp, and a level 50 enchant will cost you 12000+. you will need to be at least the same level as the enchant level to pull off that enchant. now, a fully mastered class is 100000 xp, so doing even a level 50 enchant will take away a bit more than 1/10th of your total exp. much less than vanilla minecraft (where you would lose it all). Vagabonds and primaries would not be able to enchant (or, we could make all levels gain exp at the same rate, which would mean a longer time to get out of vagabond).

OPTION TWO: we add an enchanter class. we would take away any exp loss for changing classes, so if you are a level 15 fighter, you would "/hero choose enchanter" and use the enchanter's exp to do your enchanting. you would still be a level 15 fighter, so you could go back to it once you are done. no other class could do enchanting, and this way everyone keeps all their exp from their chosen class, and everyone has an even playing field for their enchanting.
    Hjelmansson
    Hjelmansson
    Admin

Location : Michigan, USA.. I like it here, the trees are the right height.

Enchanting Empty Re: Enchanting

Post  Hjelmansson Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Option Two! cheers
    katana

Post  katana Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Hjelmansson wrote:Option Two! cheers
    ninjar12
    ninjar12

Post  ninjar12 Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:01 am

katana wrote: