TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

2 posters

So what does everybody else think about this?

Poll

So?

[ 4 ]
    So what does everybody else think about this? I_vote_lcap57%So what does everybody else think about this? I_vote_rcap [57%] 
    [ 3 ]
    So what does everybody else think about this? I_vote_lcap43%So what does everybody else think about this? I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 0 ]
    So what does everybody else think about this? I_vote_lcap0%So what does everybody else think about this? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    katana

So what does everybody else think about this? Empty So what does everybody else think about this?

Post  katana Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Alright. So as you may know, ZyR (and allies) recently conquered wolfmother base. We've claimed around half of their base, including both of their mob spawners. What I wanted to do was move both spawners into the current ZyR base instead of leaving them there thousands of blocks away from everything useful to us. The admins, however, do not allow this. I'm just wondering what everybody else thinks the rule should be on "conquered" mob spawners (that were actually bought by other players)?

Fox/Jelly opinion:
    You're not allowed to move spawners from dungeons you found. These spawners you found were there before you were, and now you claim them. So it's just like claiming a dungeon, you have to build around that. To the people that did not buy the spawner, it's the server's spawner, just like a dungeon, no matter what the origin is. Only the one that originally bought it gets the permission to move it (with a 500 money fee).

What I think:
    Truforge generally has a policy of if you can take it in some way, you're free to. It's one of the factions servers without chest protections in claims (Although still has doors. Easily glitchable through with certain spells/boats. Doors are more early game quick protection that an actual defense), and griefing/tnt is allowed. So why can't we steal other people's spawners? This was a mob spawner bought by a player with their money (and donation), not a spawner placed with the map. So if we managed to actually take their land and claim it, the spawner should become ours. It would make sense to either not allow moving spawners at all, or allowing whoever owns the land that a player bought spawner is on to move it.
    A spawner is normally heavily defended, at least from block damage, right? Nobody wants their investment to go to waste. So to me, this seems like (let's go with zombie pig here, seems one of the most popular) somebody put a chest with 400 nuggets in their base and magically locked it. If you just destroy this chest all that money disappears instead of dropping. Carrying on from this analogy, maybe spawners should explode into money when dropped Razz (not 100% of what you paid, and much less for the naturally occurring skele/zombie/spider/blaze/cavespider). Or, you know, a less messy version through other plugins.
    What if donors could gain ownership to spawners in their land? Pay a large fee (25% of original spawner cost) and you now "own" said spawner, assuming you could buy it anyway. Then you pay 500 per time like any other normal, self destructive donator to a hardcore pvp server.

___

While right now this only affects me (and by extension close allies), think about the future of the server where more people have saved up money. You worked hard (or snuck in and assassinated, but let's not go into this for now Razz) to gain ownership of their land. But, you dislike their base and therefore tear all their amazing metal block architecture down and store it in your base. Why can't you take their spawner?

Maybe you shouldn't be able to plain steal their spawner. But, you should be able to at least get some profit out of it without relocating your entire base.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

So what does everybody else think about this? Empty Re: So what does everybody else think about this?

Post  Admin Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:06 pm

you can profit. and you don't need to move your base. most spawners need to be bought by donors who have /home anyhow. if you don't want to move your base, just make the spawner into an outpost and tpa there and back or use /home. it's a pretty simple solution...
    katana

So what does everybody else think about this? Empty Re: So what does everybody else think about this?

Post  katana Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Except it rules out using the spawner to defend your base (yes this was planned), and making super concentrated gold dispensers through raiding a dozen zombie pigman buying donators. :U

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:23 pm