TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

+9
Misterkaye1
freakishdelight
EvoExor
zombiekilla96
Greg Fichthorn
parkourmen
katana
Quint
Admin
13 posters

FORCING SPOUT

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

FORCING SPOUT Empty FORCING SPOUT

Post  Admin Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:51 pm

there is no negative (besides a trivial download) to having players forced to use spout. however, if they aren't using the spout client, they would be unable to access a certain world.

while this isn't the best solution, it would force spout and deny a hell of a lot of hackers.

a lot of our plugins also have some neat spout features, and we'd also be able to put new, unique blocks into our server...
    Quint

FORCING SPOUT Empty Re: FORCING SPOUT

Post  Quint Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Is it already implemented, or is there an estimate day it'll be done?
    katana

Post  katana Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Last time I checked this computer completely fucks up when I try to install spout >.<
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:15 pm

katana wrote:Last time I checked this computer completely fucks up when I try to install spout >.<
    Happens to me too.
    Greg Fichthorn

Post  Greg Fichthorn Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 pm

if you were to make spout, which you should, you should make a forced texture pack. this would limit some people that have see through texturepacks, and make stuff look good to everyone, not just certain texture packs
    zombiekilla96
    zombiekilla96

Post  zombiekilla96 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:48 am

I don't think x-ray texture packs are the problem, I think it's x-ray mods. X-ray mods show all ores (and caves) through blocks, whereas x-ray texture packs just show ores that are already exposed. A possible option is a ore scrambler plugin, where stone that hasn't been unearthed (open to the air) appears as a fake ore. The effect for x-rayers is that it's impossible to discover a legitimate ore, considering every stone block appears as an ore until it's mined. This wouldn't affect normal players in the least, but would make x-ray mods ineffective. It also doesn't require spout, from what I've heard
    katana

Post  katana Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:03 am

Yeah but lag D:
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:26 am

zombiekilla96 wrote:I don't think x-ray texture packs are the problem, I think it's x-ray mods. X-ray mods show all ores (and caves) through blocks, whereas x-ray texture packs just show ores that are already exposed. A possible option is a ore scrambler plugin, where stone that hasn't been unearthed (open to the air) appears as a fake ore. The effect for x-rayers is that it's impossible to discover a legitimate ore, considering every stone block appears as an ore until it's mined. This wouldn't affect normal players in the least, but would make x-ray mods ineffective. It also doesn't require spout, from what I've heard

yeah these unfortunately are LAG LAG LAG plugins.

forcing spout would eliminate anyone using xray mods, though.
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

FORCING SPOUT Empty Hurr durr

Post  EvoExor Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Admin wrote:
    zombiekilla96 wrote:I don't think x-ray texture packs are the problem, I think it's x-ray mods. X-ray mods show all ores (and caves) through blocks, whereas x-ray texture packs just show ores that are already exposed. A possible option is a ore scrambler plugin, where stone that hasn't been unearthed (open to the air) appears as a fake ore. The effect for x-rayers is that it's impossible to discover a legitimate ore, considering every stone block appears as an ore until it's mined. This wouldn't affect normal players in the least, but would make x-ray mods ineffective. It also doesn't require spout, from what I've heard

What the hell is sput anyways?
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 am

EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:

i a sort of Mc Client.
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

Post  EvoExor Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

parkourmen wrote:
    EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:

i a sort of Mc Client.

So, if fox and hjel decides to force us to use spout to join the server, they are loosing alot off members like me.
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

EvoExor wrote:
    parkourmen wrote:
    EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:

i a sort of Mc Client.

So, if fox and hjel decides to force us to use spout to join the server, they are loosing alot off members like me.
    It crashes my Pc. i cant use mods or hacks or any kind of client.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 am

why would we lose any members?

spoutcraft is a community-released version of minecraft that enables us to do new things with minecraft. the "work" for a user would be the same as just downloading the original minecraft.exe from minecraft.net

it's the same thing. many plugins require the spout-plugin, which hooks into bukkit and does all kinds of awesome. there are features (like making our own blocks) that we don't have because most of our users arent using spoutcraft. there are a few more options with spoutcraft and i have been using it for months.

a hell of a lot of you are already using mods and illegitimate clients anyway. so trying to tell me you wouldn't download a "good" client to play on truforge just tells me you have a reason to want to keep things as they are -- you're probably cheating in some way.

especially people like evo -- we all know you've used a hacked client before. why wouldn't you be able to use the spoutcraft client if you were fine with using the hacked client? Rolling Eyes
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 am

parkourmen wrote:
    EvoExor wrote:
    parkourmen wrote:
    EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:

i a sort of Mc Client.

It crashes my Pc. i cant use mods or hacks or any kind of client.

but you're using the minecraft client...
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

FORCING SPOUT Empty lol....

Post  EvoExor Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Admin wrote:why would we lose any members?

spoutcraft is a community-released version of minecraft that enables us to do new things with minecraft. the "work" for a user would be the same as just downloading the original minecraft.exe from minecraft.net

it's the same thing. many plugins require the spout-plugin, which hooks into bukkit and does all kinds of awesome. there are features (like making our own blocks) that we don't have because most of our users arent using spoutcraft. there are a few more options with spoutcraft and i have been using it for months.

a hell of a lot of you are already using mods and illegitimate clients anyway. so trying to tell me you wouldn't download a "good" client to play on truforge just tells me you have a reason to want to keep things as they are -- you're probably cheating in some way.

especially people like evo -- we all know you've used a hacked client before. why wouldn't you be able to use the spoutcraft client if you were fine with using the hacked client? Rolling Eyes

I want a normal mc experience, like mcmmo and truforge plugins is alright, but i wont be playing on a server that has un original blocks.. and i dont like that you are forcing us to use spout to play on the server if you sat yes to this.
    Like i said, if that will happen, so long, truforge.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:33 pm

...those plugins will be the same?

and all the current blocks would also be the same. Suspect you have used an alternate client in the past... you know it would all be the same. i don't get your point.
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

FORCING SPOUT Empty lol..

Post  EvoExor Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Admin wrote:...those plugins will be the same?

and all the current blocks would also be the same. Suspect you have used an alternate client in the past... you know it would all be the same. i don't get your point.

My point is that its bs to force your members to use a different client than the mc client.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:53 pm

if you feel that way, do not complain to me whenever you're raided again Laughing
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

Post  EvoExor Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Admin wrote:if you feel that way, do not complain to me whenever you're raided again Laughing

like i said 2 times earlier, so long truforge.
    zombiekilla96
    zombiekilla96

Post  zombiekilla96 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I personally completely agree with enforcing spout. I recently found out that a lot more server members are using hacks than I ever could have imagined (source will remain anonymous), and I think the possibility of losing a few members, especially ones that hack and don't want spout to interfere with those various cheats, would be worthwhile to the truforge community. I would rather play on a server with a smaller amount of legitimate members than a ton of cheaters. And Evo, you saying that you want a server with a more "normal" minecraft experience, you can go shut up. Spout doesn't necessarily alter the normal way of things, and certainly doesn't do any more than the plugins that are already being used. If anything, it will be an idle plugin to help stop hackers. Your insistence to not switch to spout, and the bullshit claims you make for not doing so, are honestly very suspicious to me.
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Well I will be happy to follow any recommendations when it comes to the server, I may need to upgrade my laptop (its a laggy thing) for this spout thing but thats ok it needs it, and ninjar is greedy and always has the good pc as his arguement is he needs to pvp .... ah pfft pfft... Very Happy

So this spout thing also will give us all the same texture's? If so i think thats a great as I would love to see someones builds and designs in the way they see it (confusing yes but you get my point)
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

Post  EvoExor Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:30 pm

zombiekilla96 wrote:I personally completely agree with enforcing spout. I recently found out that a lot more server members are using hacks than I ever could have imagined (source will remain anonymous), and I think the possibility of losing a few members, especially ones that hack and don't want spout to interfere with those various cheats, would be worthwhile to the truforge community. I would rather play on a server with a smaller amount of legitimate members than a ton of cheaters. And Evo, you saying that you want a server with a more "normal" minecraft experience, you can go shut up. Spout doesn't necessarily alter the normal way of things, and certainly doesn't do any more than the plugins that are already being used. If anything, it will be an idle plugin to help stop hackers. Your insistence to not switch to spout, and the bullshit claims you make for not doing so, are honestly very suspicious to me.
    Zombiekilla, I dont want to switch back and fort from spout to a normal client whenever im going on a different server, and if you have the name off the hackers, TELL THE FUCKING NAMES, if you care so much about getting rid off the hackers you start telling us who it is.
    And if its suspicious to say no to a thing im guilty.
    zombiekilla96
    zombiekilla96

Post  zombiekilla96 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Well, I promised my source I would keep the names a secret, at least to people that are not admins (why would I tell you...?), and as far as I know, you don't have to switch between clients to play on regular servers; I got the impression that it was backwards-compatible with regular mc. And again, I would never tell you, but the amount of hackers (that I gained irrefutible evidence of hacking) is astonishing.
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

Post  EvoExor Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:12 pm

zombiekilla96 wrote:Well, I promised my source I would keep the names a secret, at least to people that are not admins (why would I tell you...?), and as far as I know, you don't have to switch between clients to play on regular servers; I got the impression that it was backwards-compatible with regular mc. And again, I would never tell you, but the amount of hackers (that I gained irrefutible evidence of hacking) is astonishing.
    Then i suggest to take your finger out off your arse an get those hackers banned.
    And if you still thinks im hacking i got video evidence that im not from the time ep3o accused me and when me and ninjar were raiding a litte bit before that.
    zombiekilla96
    zombiekilla96

Post  zombiekilla96 Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

RBI, who gets banned for hacking is the exact opposite of your business. And video proof of you NOT hacking is not exactly proof that you don't hack...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:33 pm