TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

+9
Misterkaye1
freakishdelight
EvoExor
zombiekilla96
Greg Fichthorn
parkourmen
katana
Quint
Admin
13 posters

FORCING SPOUT

EvoExor
    EvoExor

FORCING SPOUT - Page 2 Empty lol....

Post  EvoExor Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm

zombiekilla96 wrote:RBI, who gets banned for hacking is the exact opposite of your business. And video proof of you NOT hacking is not exactly proof that you don't hack...

who gets banned for hacking is the exact opposite of your business: Nope, thats the whole servers business because everyone has fealt the hackers wrath by some sort, Pvp battle or raid.
    And its definately my business if i get raided by one.
    And if i got video proof, its proof enough, even pictures is enough.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

FORCING SPOUT - Page 2 Empty Re: FORCING SPOUT

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Spout is a plugin.
    Spoutcraft is a client.

I should have said "forcing spoutcraft," cause we've already had spout on our server for 6 months.

Spoutcraft is just a better version of minecraft. It works on all servers and is always legit. If you enter a spout server (one that uses spout features) it will just download automatically any additional content so you can use that server. If you go to a vanilla server, it will just connect like normal.

It's the same thing as normal minecraft with a bit more versatility, that's all. There is no server that Spoutcraft won't work on. There are also in-game features that people miss out on with spoutcraft.

Like, I use it now. All Enemies are in RED capes. All faction mates are in GREEN capes. All allies are in Purple. Maybe white for normal. That's part of factions, and McMMO also uses spout for additional things. Spoutcraft also displays who's land you're in in the top small.

The capes make battles a little easier and more obvious. Smile Anyway, these are all things that are already on TruForge (and have been for 6 months). Those with spoutcraft get these features, others don't. There's other stuff, too, but I'm just used to it so I don't remember what are "new" things.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Admin wrote:Spout is a plugin.
    Spoutcraft is a client.

I should have said "forcing spoutcraft," cause we've already had spout on our server for 6 months.

Spoutcraft is just a better version of minecraft. It works on all servers and is always legit. If you enter a spout server (one that uses spout features) it will just download automatically any additional content so you can use that server. If you go to a vanilla server, it will just connect like normal.

It's the same thing as normal minecraft with a bit more versatility, that's all. There is no server that Spoutcraft won't work on. There are also in-game features that people miss out on without spoutcraft.

Like, I use it now. All Enemies are in RED capes. All faction mates are in GREEN capes. All allies are in Purple. Maybe white for normal. That's part of factions, and McMMO also uses spout for additional things. Spoutcraft also displays who's land you're in in the top small.

The capes make battles a little easier and more obvious. Smile Anyway, these are all things that are already on TruForge (and have been for 6 months). Those with spoutcraft get these features, others don't. There's other stuff, too, but I'm just used to it so I don't remember what are "new" things.
    katana

Post  katana Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Admin wrote:
    Admin wrote:Spout is a plugin.
    Spoutcraft is a client.

It's the same thing as normal minecraft with a bit more versatility, that's all. There is no server that Spoutcraft won't work on. There are also in-game features that people miss out on without spoutcraft.

Ah admin and their multiple personality disorder.

Anyway, with my new laptop, I should be able to use spout. If we get it, can we get mod capes? Very Happy
    zombiekilla96
    zombiekilla96

Post  zombiekilla96 Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Kat, I assume that would be up to the plugin dev, and Evo, the names I know of are not people that have ever raided you, I would tell you if they were... I would also appreciate if you would keep your nose out of business that doesn't concern you. I brought up this issue because it's a justification for a very reasonable possibility to keeping the server clean of hackers. It would also make every staff members' job easier, and make them much more able to focus on user issues rather than dealing with X-ray complaints constantly. Again, why are you so against spout craft anyways? You didn't even know what it was a few days ago, and you obviously have no idea how it works considering you thought it would mean switching clients for diff servers... Again, your insistence on not requiring this client is worrysome
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:20 am

one of the main problems is we (as an entire minecraft community, not just truforge) need to spread the word about spoutcraft more. many servers that are very different than ours, are sweet as hell cause they utilize spout more. it *should* be the universal mc client, just like bukkit should be the universal server software... i wish mojang would include these people
    katana

Post  katana Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Mods should get special capes.

Now since zombie is both a mod and went to minecon, he needs TWO capes.
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm

EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:if you feel that way, do not complain to me whenever you're raided again Laughing

like i said 2 times earlier, so long truforge.

Awe evo, I now have it and like it tbh, and i still have my other MC to use if need be (not that i really do coz i dont play any other servers) and i dont need to change files or stuff the shortcuts are both there for either one ... Why dont u just look at this way, Same game different console ... We all play video games with the same game being available on different consoles, but lets say Truforge is Zelda well u could only play it on Nintendo and if it were Grand Turismo well you could only play it on Playstation, So really its not a big deal if people want to player the server they will get the console (spoutcraft) to play if that ends up being a requirement Very Happy

Would be sorry to see you go but at the end of the day its your decision on how you want to play minecraft Very Happy
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Admin wrote:
    parkourmen wrote:
    EvoExor wrote:
    parkourmen wrote:
    EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    zombiekilla96 wrote:I don't think x-ray texture packs are the problem, I think it's x-ray mods. X-ray mods show all ores (and caves) through blocks, whereas x-ray texture packs just show ores that are already exposed. A possible option is a ore scrambler plugin, where stone that hasn't been unearthed (open to the air) appears as a fake ore. The effect for x-rayers is that it's impossible to discover a legitimate ore, considering every stone block appears as an ore until it's mined. This wouldn't affect normal players in the least, but would make x-ray mods ineffective. It also doesn't require spout, from what I've heard

yeah these unfortunately are LAG LAG LAG plugins.

forcing spout would eliminate anyone using xray mods, though.

What the hell is sput anyways?
    i a sort of Mc Client.

So, if fox and hjel decides to force us to use spout to join the server, they are loosing alot off members like me.
    It crashes my Pc. i cant use mods or hacks or any kind of client.

but you're using the minecraft client...
    I can try it.. i have'nt used it in a long time. and i have a new pc now =D i think it might of been a bug that could have been fixed by now. If we turn to spout ill give it another shot Smile
    Misterkaye1

Post  Misterkaye1 Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Wow. I totally endorse this. New blocks and everything. We got nothing to lose except for h4xers. But I have one question. If they are real h4xers, won't they find a way to h4x it and still h4x. I doubt it's possible to make a server 100% h4x proof.
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 pm

EvoExor wrote:
    Admin wrote:why would we lose any members?

spoutcraft is a community-released version of minecraft that enables us to do new things with minecraft. the "work" for a user would be the same as just downloading the original minecraft.exe from minecraft.net

it's the same thing. many plugins require the spout-plugin, which hooks into bukkit and does all kinds of awesome. there are features (like making our own blocks) that we don't have because most of our users arent using spoutcraft. there are a few more options with spoutcraft and i have been using it for months.

a hell of a lot of you are already using mods and illegitimate clients anyway. so trying to tell me you wouldn't download a "good" client to play on truforge just tells me you have a reason to want to keep things as they are -- you're probably cheating in some way.

especially people like evo -- we all know you've used a hacked client before. why wouldn't you be able to use the spoutcraft client if you were fine with using the hacked client? Rolling Eyes

I want a normal mc experience, like mcmmo and truforge plugins is alright, but i wont be playing on a server that has un original blocks.. and i dont like that you are forcing us to use spout to play on the server if you sat yes to this.
    Like i said, if that will happen, so long, truforge.
    K bye!
    ThePrinceDoenis

Post  ThePrinceDoenis Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Just one quick question I am not really bothered about Spout or anything but I want to know if it is possible to toggle the capes I dont like how they look and it kind of ruins your skin you are using.
    Znookey
    Znookey

Location : Sweden. It's nice here, Lots of trees and everything

Post  Znookey Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Oh my! I completely missed this thread! Wich is kind of sad since I enjoy spoutcraft a fair bit And even tried to use it on Trueforge ages ago (Spoutcraft couldn't update to 1.2 back then though. To me, these are great news.
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Well I have a slow computer and I need my Optifine to at least stand a chance at pvp
    norm5898
    norm5898

Post  norm5898 Fri May 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Resurrex wrote:Well I have a slow computer and I need my Optifine to at least stand a chance at pvp
    Just got my new desktop. Minecraft on fancy graphics and far render, particles all, bobbing, etc, with only default texture pack I get 250 to 270 fps.
    With that and a 256x256 texture pack, I still get 120 fps. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:32 pm