TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

+12
Znookey
katana
freakishdelight
Resurrex
Hjelmansson
MinerGuy212
parkourmen
AGNeuss
norm5898
cameron8969*
Admin
ninjar12
16 posters

What happened?

ninjar12
    ninjar12

What happened? Empty What happened?

Post  ninjar12 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:12 am

What happened to the server, its said "Cant resolve hostname" for some time now. Has the server been closed for ever or just a breef time for fixes? bounce
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What happened? Empty Re: What happened?

Post  Admin Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:12 am

with little to no traffic i have lost most of my desire to keep the server up. =/
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Post  cameron8969* Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm

NO THATS STUPID PUT IT UP
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Post  cameron8969* Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm

I understand your lazy but please keep it up its the only good server that i played on.

Ps:jk about the lazy you worked hard to keep it i know
    norm5898
    norm5898

Post  norm5898 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 am

Fox, if you put the server back up I can pretty much guarantee you that Resurrex, twarner17, cheapthrills, thegreateon, ninjar12, freakishdelight, allanroat, cameron, and myself will all start playing again. Plus, with a little advertising done on planet minecraft, the server should get enough traction to get up and running like it was before. There is just one thing about Planet Minecraft. Each day when you readvertise it, you have to make sure that you do not choose the exact time everyone else is advertising their own server too. So for example, when I had my own server with the rest of the gang, I was the one doing the advertising. I figured out that if I did it between 7:30-8:00pm, the server would be on the front page for the longest amount of time on the server list. Which means more people will get to see it. Anyways, the server is great. The reason why we stopped playing is due to how it was changed. In my opinion, the server was at its peak around 1.0 or 1.1 of minecraft. It started taking a turn for the worst after that, and I'm not the only one who thinks this. Yes we want Truforge. Yes we love playing on it. Its just, it was a little over-done when the class system was remade.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    norm5898
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Post  cameron8969* Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I 100% agree with norm!!!

WE WANT TRUFORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AGNeuss

Post  AGNeuss Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 pm

I have all my experience from My first server like that and that was Truforge now its offline thats not good =(
    Please put it back online for the players !!!
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty Hopeeeeeeeee

Post  cameron8969* Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:28 pm

I just sent a msg through skype to well over 52 people some will not respond but some will.

Here is my message: Help us get Truforge up! Click the "What happend" topic and help us argue https://truforge.forumotion.com/

Please Foxwillow put it up.
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Truforge, the reason we all stuck around on minecraft..

Many of us have been on for ages, just look at the donators. £200 donators??!?!?!?! crazy i would say, but very worth it!
    I cant say much because its your choice on what you do with your server and money i guess.

BUT WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND TO TRUFORGE WONT DIE UNTILL MINECRAFT DIES!!! Sad
    MinerGuy212
    MinerGuy212

What happened? Empty You should keep it up

Post  MinerGuy212 Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

You seem to have a pretty loyal player base that isn't something to look over. At least for their sake you should keep it up for a while longer.
    Hjelmansson
    Hjelmansson
    Admin

Location : Michigan, USA.. I like it here, the trees are the right height.

Post  Hjelmansson Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:17 pm

loyal player base of 5 players Mad

Server was back up and running for a while and at our peaks we had 7 users on, including myself and fox..

I've got more shit to do lately and can't dedicate as much time to it as I used to..
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Le Sigh...You see here... I cant make sophisticated posts like Norm. But I can definitely say that I miss the server quite dearly and the road to find a new one has been difficult and still unsuccessful. Truforge was one of the most unique servers that I have known and constantly played on without having owners that spawn items in for other players or allow people to have god mode while pvping or allow their closest friends to have hacks while the rest of the players cant. I used to wake up at 6 AM in the morning to get on the server in order to go mining to make sure I have enough diamond armor for the day. I used to stay up until 4 AM With Remedy (when we weren't R3MXN) to wait for other factions in order to go to sleep so that we could freely raid... I MISS THOSE DAYS >_< Sad
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

What happened? Empty Sniffle, Sniffle,

Post  freakishdelight Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 am

Ok well let us see .... I was soooo excited when tru forge returned and I spent alot of time mining and such on both maps but I have to be honest I lost interest with my non existent faction, now r3MXN you can roll your eyes all you like but lets be fair here (especially you Ninjar12 you LOL addict *at them time*) we had a hell alot of stuff sitting in the wild and yes we all banded together and mined obby til the point we had over a double chest worth but thats as far as it got, we never got a base built or moved from that point we even had an awesome grinder built in the wild so we could enchant items (thanks to HOcskillz)...
    I have actually been absent from the world of the internet for the past month or so .. (if your a skype friend you would have noticed that i havent been around...

I feel terrible that I was not active enough and have now lost the best MC Server which I would like to say was not solely about the game itself or the heroes/classes but due to the Great Admin and fellow players... Its the friendships found and built via Tru Forge that will be sorely missed and even tho we have all played together on other servers its just never the same...

Should Tru Forge ever raise from the shadows again I would be honored to be a member again and look forward to playing with the people who are my home in the land of MineCraft .. I love you I love you I love you
    ninjar12
    ninjar12

Post  ninjar12 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 am

Im not a LoL addict...............Res, norm, twarner and cheap are.......... bounce
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Hjelmansson wrote:loyal player base of 5 players Mad

Server was back up and running for a while and at our peaks we had 7 users on, including myself and fox..

I've got more shit to do lately and can't dedicate as much time to it as I used to..
    Sadly its so true!!! Sad i only ever started seeing 3 players on at a time, all afk.. fox hjel and rib. when me and rib went to raid, WHO COULD WE RAID? the only other active players were sometimes freak, cameron, and theonlywayissam. cameron had either something hidden in a /sethome vault and it waws almost impossible to find freaks un /f claim base. that i think had their sethomes at it. And bloop and myself got tired of fighting.

The raiding was no more, And i guess that means no more truforge.

Even if they did carry on the server i would assume it couldnt stay up for long due to the cost of it.

Maybe we can use the website as a way to talk and tell each other new servers and things like that
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm

I refuse to admit that my favorite server is down... HEY GUYS LOOK OMFG ITS UP AGAIN I CANT BELIEV.... And Now I'm sad...

Yeah and btw dont stab me in the throat because that hurts, but worst case scenario if hjel and fox dont put it up how about we all make 1 super faction and call ourselves TruForgers Very Happy
    katana

Post  katana Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:37 am

Hm, I was wondering what had happened to truforge recently. If userbase was the only problem, I could probably help, but I don't think all of us are actually that interested in keeping the server up either way. Sad though, I'm pretty sure we're approaching its first birthday.

I've just gotten bored of minecraft. It's gotten so few updates that you could actually have fun with, any sort of factions with our current game will just result in people camping in impenetrable bases, or getting completely screwed over. The entire system of our server (and many others) is flawed.

There isn't any sort of large scale "epic" stuff. We can't lead hordes of skeletons to rain arrows on enemy lands. There's no massive-scale wars on open lands (minecraft is more suited for guerilla warfare anyway, but still). TNT cannons are easily rendered useless by water or obsidian. All the cool stuff is useless, and/or lags to the point that it isn't fun anymore. Instead of blowing a hole in someone's wall, the general (and statistically better) way to get into a base is to use a glitch to teleport through walls- a really gimmicky and boring method. In fact, the best defended bases are boring indestructible obsidian boxes. This leads to our next problem...

We've got no reason to build much, apart from fun (and someone who builds the bare basic structures will be on more or less equal ground). There is no reason to have a major food supply, there are no other resources that large buildings could created. It would probably make the game a lot more interesting if factions needed buildings for power supplies etc., and without them would fail/be at a major disadvantage. If for example, you could build a power source that increased power regeneration when within the 3x3 chunk area, heaters that set other faction members entering on fire, altars at sky level that would randomly summon ghasts at the top of the chunk every so often... Just some random thoughts, but you should get the general idea- our massive structures should do something. Even then, we would probably need to be online to use them though.

Nothing can be plausibly automated (unlike most other conquering/war based games). Iron golems die quickly, and dispenser turrets are horribly weak. We don't have anything that could even slightly intelligently (ie- not get caught behind a block and then slowly murdered with a bow and arrow) defend an area. Even then, what's there to automate? Automatically killing people that enter your land in some way is also boring. Players and factions should have more needs. Actual, large storage areas instead of being able to hold 54 stacks of an object in a 2x1x2 area.

Really, PvP servers get boring because to stay competitive, people have to use the most efficient method. And the most efficient method in this case is boring and gimmicky.

A few things to make things more interesting would be:
    Disable chests. People would have to store things in furnaces, meaning you need a lot more storage area. Plus, you can't lock a furnace by placing blocks over it. Dispensers are a lot more expensive, but would offer more storage efficiency. Also, less cobblestone waste. (possible)

Make obsidian breakable given enough TNT, but instead of plain breaking, turn it into a web. Then, have a structure that will auto-repair webs back into obsidian in a 16x16x16 area every few minutes. (needs plugin, should be possible)

Re-implement antiglitch- if your logout and login positions are in different places, teleport you back to spawn. (done before)

Make F home only settable on an active beacon. (who knows)

NPC warriors plugin could spice things up (possible)

Give each faction (or player?) a guardian mob that they can set a spawnpoint for, this mob attacks non-faction members near it, and has massively increased health.

MonsterApocalypse (done before)

Also, McMMO sucks, but it sucks the least, really.

And so much more, but I don't really see a point in listing every idea if we're not going to go anywhere with them.

There's a few other ideas that I've been playing around with because they sorta work in the game I'm making.

Barracks (&other buildings)- Heavy modding needed.
    Factions can have "buildings" that use one (or more) chunks. Type something like /f chunk set <building name>, and it will set the chunk to that building type. The building will only work if you meet the requirements though.
    For example, the barracks require a single chunk, ten beds, a crafting table, and at least 4 blocks of water. There cannot be any obsidian or lava in a barracks chunk. They will drain 10 money from your faction bank per day. Every barracks you have gives you 2 guards. Guards are NPCs that you can create, and then will attack non-faction members in the area with whatever equipment you give them.

Followers (is there a plugin for this?)
    Be able to recruit mercenaries that will follow you and attack targets that you attack, similar to wolves.

Crafting limits- Give each item a crafting value (let's say the default is 1, diamond chestplate is 50, diamond armor set 125 in total), and a player a tiredness calculator (or something). Crafting items increases their tiredness, and this tiredness slowly decreases. Could incorporate into a buildings system, where special crafting tables (for some reason, let's say if you cover it in wool or something) will only take half the tiredness away, but cost more and aren't immediately available. Some items shouldn't be instantly craftable either (You need a workshop for diamond armor. You can't just make it at this random crafting table you put in this cave.).
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty YEA right

Post  cameron8969* Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:30 pm

ninjar12 wrote:Im not a LoL addict...............Res, norm, twarner and cheap are.......... bounce
    thats all you ever did was play LoL lol! i sucked at it you guys just kicked me out of playin with you guys
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Yea cam we only play with legit MLG BAWSES. That's why we dont play with ninjar Smile Lol jk ninjar is probably the best out of us, get better and come back we'll be happy to play with you Smile
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 am

Hi everyone Miss Ya's <3
    Znookey
    Znookey

Location : Sweden. It's nice here, Lots of trees and everything

Post  Znookey Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 pm

katana wrote:Hm, I was wondering what had happened to truforge recently. If userbase was the only problem, I could probably help, but I don't think all of us are actually that interested in keeping the server up either way. Sad though, I'm pretty sure we're approaching its first birthday.

I've just .........

..... shouldn't be instantly craftable either (You need a workshop for diamond armor. You can't just make it at this random crafting table you put in this cave.).

Those Ideas are awesome.

Also:
    It was very cold and lonely during the end of truforge. my team vanished somehow, turned to ghosts. And I can't stand being alone in a base like that again. All that space for one person isn't fun.

*sigh*
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty hey hey

Post  cameron8969* Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 pm

hey freak Very Happy. hi res Very Happy. and ill never be good at lol, only good at first person pov. We need a new server i geuss if you guys get one post on skype or on here Very Happy.
    cameron8969*

What happened? Empty OMGOMGOMG

Post  cameron8969* Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 pm

I just had the best idea for a new server, alls we need is hjel and fox to make it/run it and i have the perfect name [TruForge] let me know what you think guys. XD
    parkourmen

Post  parkourmen Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 am

Firstly, znookey i enjoyed playing minecraft with you and it was sad to be seeing you less and less Sad i feel guilty because i left to re-create FLW... problem is i just couldn't help myself

Secondly, cameron hosting a server isnt cheap so fox and hjel wouldn't do it.

Thirdly, there are thousands of places we can meet again. Hopefully i have all ready got some back together I have seen quint and a few others recently Very Happy ,But lets all keep in touch, eh?
    Znookey
    Znookey

Location : Sweden. It's nice here, Lots of trees and everything

Post  Znookey Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:51 pm

parkourmen wrote:,But lets all keep in touch, eh?

Sure

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:30 pm