TruForge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site and forum for TruForge -- MineCraft Hardcore Factions PvP Server. truforge.mine.bz

+14
twarner17
cheapthrills
Quint
ninjar12
Znookey
parkourmen
EvoExor
norm5898
freakishdelight
Resurrex
theblazinglion
corlark
Karasu_Tengu
Admin
18 posters

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks

Post  Admin Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:56 am

:p

First -- Sorry Everyone. I know most people have probably stopped visiting the forum, but I just wanted a link to send people when they ask what's going on.

TruForge went down due to time constraints, but actually more due to plugins not updating with the rapidly updating game and inter-plugin compatibility issues, as well as the fact that some snot-nosed little brat thought he was a "hacker" by continually DDoSing the server.

Let me be clear -- a hacker is someone who has a skill. They are essential, magnificent, and often, sadly, malicious. Hackers are much more like the ones in movies -- capable of bypassing intense firewalls and codes and accessing and planting data. A DDoS attack is not that of a hacker. It's that of a script-kiddie. So whoever thinks their DDoS attack was "epic" or anything -- congrats, you're nothing more than a script kiddie.

I was honestly very frustrated. We put a lot of work into making one of the most logical, balanced, and fair servers you can make. We gave people a million chances and then when they got banned after days of warnings, they attacked us.

So finally, we will be coming back.

We will have a completely different, simpler classes system. It will make things much easier and it will not interfere with updates. That will be the biggest thing -- a much smoother gameplay with very few complications and incompatibilities. That's the goal. Smile

We have a few hitches to overcome. Once we manage that, we will open. No timeframe, but these are minor things to fix. It could be a few days or another 2 weeks. I hope it's much sooner, though. Can't wait to play with everyone again!
    Karasu_Tengu

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty Re: TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks

Post  Karasu_Tengu Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 am

Good news Very Happy
    I hope it'll be as much fun as it was befor the server went down.
    corlark

Post  corlark Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Smile
    theblazinglion

Post  theblazinglion Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Yay Truforge Is Back.
    I''ve Been Bored for over a month.
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 pm

O M G
    I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes Smile
    Hopefully a lot of people have matured, I wont state names, over the last month and I can't wait to see how all of you guys have changed

One thing that I am still unsure of is what happened to our bases. Did the map get reset? Did everyone's power get depleted? If so will everyone's be restored back to 10? So Many questions, So Little time.
    corlark

Post  corlark Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Res, since they probably had to reconfigure everything and shit like that, I would assume they just deleted most of the files, including the map, but a new map would be even better Smile
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:50 pm

corlark wrote:Res, since they probably had to reconfigure everything and shit like that, I would assume they just deleted most of the files, including the map, but a new map would be even better Smile

Not with Remedy's 120 stack obsidian base Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am

there will be a new spawn, and new map.

the donor system will change, but everyone who donated will start again on a fresh slate and receive whatever it is they want that they would be entitled to.

---------

one of the key features that i have striven for most is fully vanilla, uninhibited enchanting so that everyone can enchant and there's no freaking issues, while keeping the spirit of class-based PVP. Smile

right now we're having a single (literally) issue with something major and we need to wait on the developer to rectify it. once it's done, we open. in the meantime, i continue to plan and build and i am anxious -- i really do want to play with you all again so spread the word. Smile
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:39 am

Resurrex wrote:
    corlark wrote:Res, since they probably had to reconfigure everything and shit like that, I would assume they just deleted most of the files, including the map, but a new map would be even better Smile

Not with Remedy's 120 stack obsidian base Sad

Same as RXN's Base that I had just completed all the floors and rooms not to mention the Cave Spider vault Sad
    Karasu_Tengu

Post  Karasu_Tengu Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 am

Same with the Deadman base :<
    And all our dias...
    norm5898
    norm5898

Post  norm5898 Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 am

Yes everyone losing their stuff is tragic, but I think I speak for all Truforge players when I say it's worth it for my favorite server back up and running. Smile
    corlark

Post  corlark Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:50 pm

New map Very Happy
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty Whining doesnt help bitches

Post  EvoExor Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Whining wont regain your stuff, yes to new map!
    Resurrex

Post  Resurrex Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Even though the new map wasn't negotiable YAY FOR THE NEW MAP

Can't wait to see how the new war with rxn, Remedy, EcR, Deadman, and more plays out, especially with the new friendship between Freakish and Ninjar with the entire Remedy Faction. Very Happy

Last edited by Resurrex on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    norm5898
    norm5898

Post  norm5898 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Their doesn't have to be a war. C'mon guys, let's all just shake hands and settle this like adults. Smile
    *norm5898 holds sword behind his back. Twisted Evil
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 pm

norm5898 wrote:Their doesn't have to be a war. C'mon guys, let's all just shake hands and settle this like adults. Smile

Smiles cheekily at norm, knowing full well that he will drop what is behind his back once he sees what I have hiding behind my back .... Yes yes it is ... The biggest freshest cake ever made with yummy frosting that will settle the most hardened seasoned tru forger !!!
    Hee hee :p
    norm5898
    norm5898

Post  norm5898 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:48 am

freakishdelight wrote:
    norm5898 wrote:Their doesn't have to be a war. C'mon guys, let's all just shake hands and settle this like adults. Smile

Smiles cheekily at norm, knowing full well that he will drop what is behind his back once he sees what I have hiding behind my back .... Yes yes it is ... The biggest freshest cake ever made with yummy frosting that will settle the most hardened seasoned tru forger !!!
    Hee hee :p

Shocked norm5898 stares at the cake longingly, craving its delicious taste. He tries to hold his natural instincts back, but knows its futile.
    norm5898 grabs the cake and immediately begins to devour it before everyone's eyes. Giving the opportunity for anyone to strike....
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty hey hey hey, slow down fellars

Post  EvoExor Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:29 am

ololol, total anarchy on a server is more fun than running around and holding eachothers hand, norm.
    Karasu_Tengu

Post  Karasu_Tengu Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 am

if norm is a friend of freakish and ninjar.... and i am some kond of friend of freakish and ninjar...
    does this mean i'm some weird kind of friend of norm....?
    who the fuck should i kill if we are all friends? Oo
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty ololol

Post  EvoExor Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 am

Do as i say, total anarchy.
    corlark

Post  corlark Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Get rid of the alliance permission Smile

Edit: Also, it's not EcR anymore. Just Ec.
    freakishdelight
    freakishdelight

Post  freakishdelight Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Cool Give it a week for ppl to settle in then the wonderful joy of anarchy and treachery will begin regardless of friendships, after all we are all starting from scratch (with the exception of donors who will have the option to receive some goods that we are yet to know the extent of and in saying this donors will be targeted for other factions to raid) So for the first few days I do believe factions will work together in securing a base location and gathering resources for this with the exception that a faction may have a scout allocated to do some leg work in the hope they are able to gather cords of other factions for the possibility of raiding later.. I have to be honest I'm excited as my main purpose in a faction is gathering resources and its what I love to do best and with the restart I will be at my most useful Razz ..
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty A WEEK!? NONSENSE!

Post  EvoExor Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:25 am

A WEEK!? NONSENSE! ILL GIVE YOU 4 HOURS AFTER SERVER IS BACK UP!

Hitlist: Everyone except ZyR, Because ZyR is awesome!
    Karasu_Tengu

Post  Karasu_Tengu Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 am

evo, are you serious?
    EcR and ZyR have no chance against Remedy, RXN, Deadman and all the others.
    And you have to gather resources, too.
    What would you do without any defense...
    EvoExor
    EvoExor

TRUFORGE RETURNS - The Fox Speaks Empty ololol

Post  EvoExor Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 am

What do you think? Ill gather resources by raiding other people you moron...

And i really dont hope that all of the "biggest" factions will have an alliance, wheres the fun in that?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:26 pm